Poker Tournaments in India
What are online poker tournaments?
A poker tournament is a winner-takes-all multi-level contest, much like many sporting tournaments like World Cup tournaments. Poker tournaments can be played on a single table or on multiple tables. In poker tournaments, all players start with the same number of tournament chips, to ensure that the playing field is level. Thus, the chances of winning depend on your poker skills, and not on deeper pockets. Winning players progress to the next level and play other winners until one player wins the tournament! Thus, one major point that differentiates tournament games from ring games is that poker tournaments end when a single player wins all the chips.
How to play tournament poker
To play our online poker tournaments, you just need to download the software on your desktop or mobile device and create a login id. Online poker tournament schedules are constantly updated on PokerMagnet.com. You can scroll through the notification panel for open tournaments, or to check for popular tournaments that are starting soon.
Types of online poker tournaments
- Freeze-outs: In these tournaments, a player cannot add to his chip stack (except the winning pots). The permitted number of starting chips is set well in advance.
- Satellite tournaments: These tournaments are low buy-in tournaments that allow you to get tickets to a higher event.
- Sit & Go tournaments: They start when a pre-set number of players are registered. These tournaments may be played on a single table or multiple tables.
- Rebuy tournaments: These tournaments allow you to buy-in again if you lose all your chips.
Why should you play online poker tournaments?
- Once you start winning, you win big if you have the best tournament strategy.
- Prestigious tournaments gain you recognition at the game of poker. Did you know Neymar Jr and Cristiano Ronaldo are top poker players? This is a sport that is not dependent on youth and physical strength.
- As you progress through the levels, you get to play high stakes against seasoned players. The more your skill, the greater your winning chances. On the other hand, even if you progress through several levels and lose when the pot is pretty big, you actually only risk your initial stakes while having a lot of fun along the way!
- Since you will come up against poker greats, you are bound to learn a lot.
Some winning poker tournament tips
- It’s all about survival, so, once your chips are gone, so are you.
- Big field tournaments take several hours to complete, so be patient.
- Have ample bankroll to fall back on when times are hard.
- Try to get the maximum value from your made hands.